Follow me as I chronicle my journey to complete my extensive backlog of unbeaten video games. You can see the complete list to the right, or go to backloggery.com/neuteboom to see my full collection of finished and unfinished games. Here are some ground rules for completing my task:
- You can find my full catalog on backloggery.com, though I will also be keeping a running list on this site.
- The goal is to beat the games, but if I feel it can be reasonably done, I will also try to complete it. As in, do 100% of the content, as far as can reasonably achieved. See backloggery.com if you don’t know what I’m talking about.
- Some of the games on my backlog are actually owned by my brother, though I tend to include them all for completion. I might choose to drop them later if I realize I’m really not into them at all.
- I own several sports games by random chance, but let’s face it – I don’t consider them real games, and neither do you probably. I doubt I’ll be playing them any time soon, so most of them are excluded from the list.
- In general, if I start a game, I like to finish it. This might include games I started with my room mates (such as Gears of War or Heavy Rain) that I don’t actually own, but would still like to say I finished.
- Some games are unbeatable by their very nature (ie. my Atari games). The rule I follow is that if the game doesn’t have implicit goals, then I won’t make up any for them.
- Browser and mobile games do not count. I barely play them regardless. The exception is if they are mobile ports of already existing console or PC games.